Victoria School has its origins in 1876, when Kampong Glam Malay Branch School was founded under Y.A. Yzelman to teach English to Malay pupils in Kampong Glam. In 1897, this school was amalgamated with Kampong Glam Malay School and renamed Victoria Bridge School, with J.H.H. Jarett as principal. It was located at the junction of Syed Alwi Road and Victoria Street near the Victoria Bridge. On 18 September 1933, it moved to new premises at Tyrwhitt Road and was renamed Victoria School and the school motto of Nil Sine Labore ('Nothing Without Labour') was introduced in 1940. During the Japanese Occupation, the school was renamed Jalan Besar Boys' School. In 1950, Victoria School became the first school in Singapore to have a dedicated Science block, which was planned by headmaster, Raymond F. Bomford. Other principals, Michael Campbell and A. Kannayson, were also instrumental in leading the school to new heights and development. Distinguished alumni of the school include former Cabinet member S. Dhanabalan, Emeritus Professor Edwin Thumboo, Professor Ahmad Ibrahim, sprinter Kesavan Soon, Charlie Chan and Choo Seng Quee.
Founded in 1952 as Christ Church School, a private school under the Christ Church Parish at Dorset Road, the school came under the aegis of the Anglican Diocese of Singapore in 1973 and was renamed Christ Church Secondary School. The school moved to Woodlands in 2001.
The new headquarters of the People's Association (PA) opened on 29 January 2010. Founded on 1 July 1960 after Singapore's self independence in 1959, the PA's mission was to foster racial harmony and social cohesion in a new nation through island community centres that provide common social and recreational spaces for Singaporeans of all races and religions. One of the event organized by PA is the anual Chingay street parade.