Gan Eng Seng School

235 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore 068656 Get Directions

1 loved this Place

Gan Eng Seng School

In 1885, Gan Eng Seng founded a free school for poor boys in Singapore. Initially named the Anglo-Chinese Free School, it was among the earliest schools to offer a bilingual education. The school moved to its first new building about 50 metres behind Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church in 1893. It became known as Gan Eng Seng School in 1923.