Former Jing Hwa Cinema

1 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088437 Get Directions

1 loved this Place

Roots logo (645 x 430)
Together with the Majestic and the Oriental, Jing Hwa Cinema, built in 1958, was one of Chinatown’s three famous cinemas. It was designed by local architect Wong Foo Nam in the Modern style and was the first to have a basement carpark and extensive floor-to-ceiling windows. It is remembered fondly by many as the venue of romantic first dates and holiday treats.