Former Nan Hwa Girls’ School

2 Adis Road, Singapore 229974 Get Directions

2 loved this Place

Roots logo (645 x 430)
The Nan Hwa Girls’ School was established in 1917 by Mr Xiong Shangfu, an overseas Chinese philanthropist, with the aim of providing girls in Singapore with the opportunity of an education. Built in 1941 and designed in the Art Deco style, the building at Adis Road is a 3-storey building that stood out on a hill, characterized by formal symmetry and functional design. The front facade comprises a solid central bay with 2 wings extended gracefully on both sides.