Former Olson Building, Methodist Girls’ School

11A Mount Sophia, Singapore 228465 Get Directions

5 loved this Place

Roots logo (645 x 430)
Methodist Girls’ School started in 1887 with 9 Tamil girls whose fathers donated money, furniture and the rent-free shophouse that became the Tamil Girls’ School. It was later renamed and moved to Mount Sophia, and the oldest building that remains on this site is the Olson Building, built in 1928 with 6 classrooms and named after Mary Olson, principal from 1905 to 1910. The 2-storey building is characterized by a high pitched roof of Marseilles tile, fine fairfaced hand-made bricks and timber-lattice windows.