Former Chong Cheng & Chong Pun Schools

28-32 Aliwal Street, Singapore 199920 Get Directions

2 loved this Place

Roots logo (645 x 430)
Both schools were housed in separate wings and shared common facilities such as the school hall. The schools were funded by donations from their founders, trustees and philanthropists including the Haw Par brothers and Tan Kah Kee (1874–1961) and organisations such as the former Sun Tian Gong temple at Malabar Street.

The schools were also known for its calibre of teachers and students, including famous alumni such as Chinese magnate, Lee Kong Chian (1893-1967) and former President of Singapore, Ong Teng Cheong (1936-2002). The building was conserved in 2011 by the Urban Redevelopment Authority.