Coleman Bridge, named after its designer, George Dromgold Coleman, was the second bridge across the Singapore River.
Coleman’s designs include the Armenian Church (1835), the first Government House on Fort Canning Hill (1822), and the former Parliament House (1827).
The original Coleman Bridge was first built in 1840, replaced in 1865 and again in 1886. The present bridge is a reconstruction from 1991.
The Singapore River Walk is developed by National Heritage Board and adopted by American Express.