The Hollandse Club was founded in 1908 by Mr J.C. Koopman for the growing Dutch community in Singapore. Mr Koopman owned a house on Grange Road and used it as the first clubhouse. It subsequently built its clubhouse in Cairnhill Road.
The club moved into its current premises at Camden Park in 1952. The club expanded over the years and added more facilities, such as a new block in the 1990s. It is no longer exclusive only for the Dutch community living in Singapore, and has opened up membership to local residents of all nationalities.
Buildings and sites featured on Roots.SG are part of our efforts to raise awareness of our heritage; a listing on Roots.SG does not imply any form of preservation or conservation status, unless it is mentioned in the article. The information in this article is valid as of July 2016 and is not intended to be an exhaustive history of the site/building.