In 1919, clansmen from Kim Mui (金门) County established the clan association at their clan temple at Smith Street, which was founded in 1876.
In 1955, the Singapore Improvement Trust had acquired the land for residential use, and the Clan Association shifted to Club Street. Kim Mui Hoey Kuan (金门会馆) moved again to its current premises along Keng Lee Road which was completed on 1st March 1986.
Buildings and sites featured on Roots.SG are part of our efforts to raise awareness of our heritage; a listing on Roots.SG does not imply any form of preservation or conservation status, unless it is mentioned in the article. The information in this article is valid as of July 2016 and is not intended to be an exhaustive history of the site/building.