The Fullerton Building taken from the sea

Sitting on the site where Fort Fullerton once guarded the mouth of the Singapore River, the Fullerton Building housed the General Post Office and other government offices during the early half of the 20th century, before the outbreak of WWII. The building job had been awarded to Perry & Co. Overseas Ltd, London, in 1924. The Fullerton Building, which features neoclassical architectural style, was officially opened by the then Governor, Sir Hugh Clifford, in 1928.

Date/Period
c. 1930
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Frame size: 6.9 x 10.6 cm, Image size: 6.1 x 9.9 cm
Accession No.
1995-00929-094
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Photographs and Negatives