Queen Elizabeth Walk was named in honour of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's Coronation and was officially declared open by Lady T.P.F. McNeice on 30 May 1953. Queen Elizabeth Walk was constructed on reclaimed land from money raised after WWII. The money was collected to provide a memorial for those who had lost their lives in the war. The Lim Bo Seng Memorial dedicated to the WWII martyr, is also situated here.