A view of Fullerton Building

The Fullerton Building located at Fullerton Square was the former site of the General Post Office building that was demolished in 1923. Fullerton Building and Fullerton Square derived their names as a result of their location on the former site of Fort Fullerton which guarded the mouth of the Singapore River. The building was occupied by the General Post Office and other government houses including the Marine Department, Imports and Exports Department and the Inland Revenue Department. It was renovated and transformed into ‘The Fullerton Hotel’ in the late 20th century.

Date/Period
c. 1930
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: 8.9 x 13.9 cm
Accession No.
1994-05145
Material
Paper
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Postcards