The Supreme Court Building

Declared open in 1939 by Sir Shenton Thomas, Governor of the Straits Settlement, the Supreme Court Building was designed by F.Dorrington Ward. Facing the Padang, it occupies the site of the former Hotel de l'Europe which was demolished in 1936. It represents the last building that reflects British imperial architecture in Singapore. Today, the Supreme Court resides in a different building.

Date/Period
c. 1980
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: 10.2 x 14.2 cm
Accession No.
1995-01270
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Postcards