The Fullerton Building

Sitting on the site where Fort Fullerton once guarded the mouth of the Singapore River, the Fullerton Building housed the General Post Office and other government offices during the early half of the 20th century, before the outbreak of WWII. The building job had been awarded to Perry & Co. Overseas Ltd, London, in 1924. The Fullerton Building, which features neo-classical architectural style, was officially opened by then Governor, Sir Hugh Clifford, in 1928.

Date/Period
1920s
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: 8.8 x 13.7 cm
Accession No.
1997-03259
Material
Cardboard
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Postcards