The General Post Office, Exchange Building and Flint's Building

The postcard depicts a view of Fullerton Square with the General Post Office and Exchange Building on the right. Built in 1874, the General Post Office was demolished in 1923; the site is now occupied by the Fullerton Hotel. On the left is Flint's Building which was demolished after it was seriously damaged by a fire in 1906. A building for Whiteaway Laidlaw, a premier department store in the early 20th century, was subsequently built on that site in 1910.

Date/Period
c. 1903
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: L14.1 cm x W9.1 cm
Accession No.
1999-02600
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Postcards