Christ Church

Formerly the Dutch Reformed Church of Malacca, Christ Church remains the oldest surviving Dutch church outside the Netherlands. It is located opposite the Stadthuys, the equally famous Dutch building with a clock tower that was once home to Dutch Governors during the 17th century. Previously situated within its fort walls, Christ Church used to be part of the old fortified town of Malacca before the walls were taken down by the British at the beginning of the 19th century.

Date/Period
1910-1930
Region
Malacca, Malaysia
Dimension
Image size: L 5.7 x W 8.4
Accession No.
2000-01334
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Credit Line
Gift of Betty Luders
Category
Photographs and Negatives