Print showing a view of Singapore River and Chinatown from Government Hill

Originally called Bukit Larangan, or Forbidden Hill, this hill was later known as Government Hill with the completion of Government House in 1822. With Government House abolished in 1859, the construction of the fort began, and the hill was subsequently renamed Fort Canning Hill before being called Fort Canning Park as it is known today.

Date/Period
Late 19th century
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: L:18.7 x W:13.1
Accession No.
2000-06669
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Prints