Advertisement poster of Eng Aun Tong, The Tiger Medical Hall

The Eng Aun Tong Medical Hall was set up in 1926 by the brothers Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par. Eng Aun Tong was the name of their uncle. Its trademark product was the ‘Tiger Balm’ ointment which had analgesic properties used for relieving muscular aches and pains. Though no longer functioning, the former medical hall is currently a conserved building at 89 Neil Road.

Date/Period
1930s
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: L:19.5 x W:26.8
Accession No.
2000-06457
Material
Paper
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Documents and Paper