View of Scotts Road

Scotts Road was named after Captain William Scott, a harbour master whose plantation was located in this area from 1836 until his death in 1861. The suburban ambience depicted in the photograph contrasts with the developed business district of today.

Date/Period
Late 19th century
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: 21.8 x 27.6 cm
Accession No.
1993-00285-026
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Photographs and Negatives