Construction and installations on Pulau Bukom

Pulau Bukom is an island south of Singapore. It housed Singapore’s first petroleum tank depot, which was opened in 1892. By 1902, Pulau Bukom became the oil supply centre for the Far East.

Date/Period
Early 20th century
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Object size: 10.4 x 12.9 cm
Accession No.
2008-00497
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Photographs and Negatives