The Victoria Memorial Hall was completed in 1905, while the Victoria Theatre (originally the Town Hall) was opened in 1909. The 54-metre clock tower was completed in 1906 and was sponsored by the Straits Trading Company. The Memorial Hall was renovated sometime between 1979 and 1980 to serve as a concert hall. Today, the Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall are used for cultural shows and concerts respectively.The Supreme Court was opened on 3 August 1939 while the Municipal Building was built between 1926 and 1929. In 1951, the Municipal Building’s name was changed to City Hall.