1. National Monuments are structures and buildings that possess national, historical, social and architectural merit, and are protected by the Preservation of Monuments Act.
    The Museum Roundtable (MR) comprises a collective of over 50 public and private museums, heritage galleries and unique attractions in Singapore.
    Marked Historic Sites are historically significant places associated with important events, communities or personalities.
    This section covers buildings, structures, sites and landscape features in Singapore of architectural, historical or cultural interest.



348 results found.

  • Kallang Theatre

    Kallang Theatre

    Situated at the Kallang Basin next to the National Stadium, Kallang Theatre was once the biggest theatre space in Singapore. It also hosted the annual National Day Rally address by then-Prime Ministers Lee Kuan Yew and Goh Chok Tong from 1986 to 2000.

    Culture & Community, Art
  • Pasir Panjang Wholesale Centre

    Pasir Panjang Wholesale Centre

    Pasir Panjang Wholesale Centre is Singapore’s main wholesale market and distribution point for imported fruits and vegetables. Over 40 percent of Singapore’s fruit and vegetable imports pass through the centre, with the remaining 60 percent of produce being sold by independent retailers and other importers who have their own premises.

    Community, Food
  • Kampong Glam Community Club

    Kampong Glam Community Club

    The Kampong Glam Community Club was first established in 1960 at Beach Road. It was relocated to Victoria Street in 1972, and moved back to a different site on Beach Road in 1998. Kampong Glam Community Club is home to a prominent Northern-style Lion Dance troupe and also frequently organises interfaith events.

  • dwell Student Living (Former Selegie Integrated Primary School)

    dwell Student Living

    The structure now known as dwell Student Living was once famed as Southeast Asia’s tallest skyscraper school. Its pragmatic architectural style stands out as a prime example of industrial modernism, which mimics the efficient style of the machinery aesthetic.

  • 449 Yio Chu Kang Road (Former Pei Hwa Public School)

    449 Yio Chu Kang Road

    From 10 students to over 1,000  Pei Hwa Public School was a small village school that grew to become one of the largest village schools in Singapore by 1976. Today, the former school’s premises are leased out for education uses.

    Educational, Community
  • Lim Ah Pin Road Post Office

    Lim Ah Pin Road Post Office

    Standing out in a sea of modernistic private estates, this humble post office branch has served residents of the neighbourhood since 1968. Its iconic box-like industrial architecture stripped of ornamentation is favoured during the 1960s.

  • Seng Wong Beo Temple

    Hidden behind red gates at the heart of Tanjong Pagar area, Seng Wong Beo Temple (都城隍庙) is one of only two temples in Singapore that continues to conduct the Chinese Ghost Marriage ritual.

    Community & Religious
  • Singapore Council of Women’s Organisation Centre

    Created as an umbrella organisation for Women’s associations/groups in Singapore, the Singapore Council of Women’s Organisations headquarters actively inform, advocate and educate, working towards advancing women’s status.

  • Sri Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple

    Sri Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple

    Under the stewardship of a group of distinguished moneylenders, the humble metal-roofed temple has evolved into a grand edifice that stands in Chinatown today.

    Community & Religious
  • The Majestic

    The Majestic (previously known as the Majestic Theatre) is a major Chinatown landmark with a long history closely connected to Singaporean pioneer Eu Tong Sen. Its architecture features a mix of Cantonese and Western influences that reflect how both cultures impacted the Straits Chinese of Singapore. The Majestic Theatre (大华戏院) has also lived through much of Singapore’s modern history, and reflects Singapore’s transformation from a small colony to a modern metropolis.

    Architecture, Lifestyle
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. ...
  5. 34
  6. 35