Places

Filter

Places

Places

267 results found.

  • Selegie House

    Selegie House

    Selegie House is a building complex that consist of one block of 20-storey flats and two blocks of 10-storey flats. These blocks used to be linked by four rows of 2-storey blocks which had since been demolished and replaced with link ways.

    Category
    Community
  • Singapore Sindhi Association

    Singapore Sindhi Association

    The Singapore Sindhi Association (SSA) traces its roots to 1921 where 10 members came together to form the Sindhi Merchants Association. The association established its first premises in 1938 at Engor Street to provide Sindhi travellers in transit with comfortable boarding facilities.

    Category
    Community
  • Teochew Building

    Teochew Building

    The Teochew Building is a three-storey building constructed with Chinese architectural elements such as the upturned roof eaves and the balcony balustrade with Oriental motifs. The building was completed in 1963 and it occupied the former site of the Tuan Mong School.

    Category
    Community
  • Balestier Plain

    Balestier Plains

    Balestier Plain refers to the playing fields bounded by Balestier Road from Tessensohn Road to Moulmein Road. The field, which existed since the early 1900s, had been associated with eight sports clubs over the years.

    Category
    Community
  • Bras Basah Complex

    Bras Basah Complex

    Bras Basah Complex was known as书城 (shu cheng, meaning “City of Books” in Mandarin) as the complex is famed for its numerous bookstores. It is also known as 百胜楼 (bai sheng lou in Mandarin).

    Category
    Culture & Community
  • Haw Par Villa

    Haw Par Villa

    Haw Par Villa is located on a hill side in Pasir Panjang. It originally comprised a villa designed by architect Ho Kwang Yew and a large garden space. The compound was a gift from Mr Aw Boon Haw to his younger brother Mr Aw Boon Par.

    Category
    Community
  • Hollandse Club

    Hollandse Club

    The Hollandse Club was founded in 1908 by Mr J.C. Koopman for the growing Dutch community in Singapore.

    Category
    Community
  • 4 Goodwood Hill

    4 Goodwood Hill

    Built in 1960, this beautiful colonial building on the top of Goodwood Hill once served as a training centre for civil servants in topics such as Government Audit and the role of the Civil Service and Public Service Commission.

    Category
    Civic & Commercial
  • Home Team Career Centre

    Home Team Career Centre

    The three-storey Neoclassical former Fairfield Methodist Girl's School features a rarely-seen broken pediment and urn ornament on the top of the building's central bay. It was the second building used by the Fairfield Methodist School.

    Category
    Civic & Commercial, Educational
  • Mount Imbiah Battery

    Mount Imbiah Battery

    The Mount Imbiah Battery began life as an Infantry Redoubt in the 1880s, manned by 82 infantry soldiers and 19 gunners responsible for manning its coastal gun.

    Category
    Sites & Structures
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27