Heritage trail-goers in Singapore can now enjoy an augmented experience via their mobile devices.
A pilot Physical Web experience is now launched with the Little India Heritage Trail. Beacons installed at each trail marker transmit a Bluetooth signal, which can be picked up by Android and iOS devices that enable Physical Web. As you approach the marker, you’ll then receive a notification, allowing you to access exclusive content about the location.
Discover more about Little India through unique facts and stories, historical photographs, and crowd-sourced content. The Physical Web experience also guides you along the trail by recommending nearby heritage sites. Integration withGoogle Maps ensures you can find your way there easily.
Follow these steps to set up your device!
Alternatively, visit the App Store or Play Store to download Physical Web apps!
From 4 March till 31 May 2017, use your mobile devices to access the Little India Physical Web Experience and redeem a gift.
We strongly recommend setting up your device according to the steps in the graphic above prior to embarking on the trail.
1. Locate any one of the Physical Web-enabled heritage trail markers on Little India Heritage Trail at this link.
2. Place your mobile device near to the heritage trail marker.
3. You'll receive a unique URL at each of the markers. Click on this URL to open up the web page.
4. Screen shot this web page.
5. Present your screen shot to the friendly Visitor Services staff at the Indian Heritage Centre.
6. Redeem your gift. Foreign visitors will receive free entry to the Indian Heritage Centre, and Singaporeans and PRs will receive Museum Label merchandise.
We hope you have a good time exploring and discovering the Little India Heritage Trail
through the Physical Web!
Terms and Conditions
- This contest is open to all visitors
- This contest commences on Saturday, 4 March 2017 and concludes on Wednesday, 31 May 2017.
- Gifts can only be redeemed at Indian Heritage Centre, 5 Campbell Lane, Singapore 209924.
Indian Heritage Centre Opening Hours:
Tuesdays – Thursdays: 10.00am to 7.00pm
Fridays – Saturdays: 10.00am to 8.00pm
Sundays/Public Holidays*: 10.00am to 4.00pm
Closed on Mondays
*The Indian Heritage Centre is closed on Public Holidays that fall on a Monday unless otherwise stated.
- Each participant is entitled to redeem only one gift, subject to availability of gifts.
- Excluded from participation are staff and relatives of the National Heritage Board (including its subsidiaries).
- We reserve the right to update the promotional mechanics and terms & conditions